From: "Damien Garwood" <damien@daygar.plus.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ripping and burning cds using nvda

Hi Arlene,
For ripping, I use GoldWave (goldwave.com). Unfortunately that isn't free, and it isn't a dedicated CD ripper even though it is very good at it.
I used to use the free dedicated ripper CDEX (cdex.mu), until it became riddled with adware. Of course, there is still the portable version, but that is quite a bit older.
Note that these tools cannot burn CD's.
For burning, I have been using a program called CDBurnerXP (cdburnerxp.se) for a while now. Don't get confused by the "XP" in the name - I have successfully used it on Windows 7 and beyond. Note though that the default installer comes with InstallCore (some kind of advertising platform), so to get the clean installer and/or portable version you need to click on the "more download options" link on the download page. That is a free burner that can do everything from CD to DVD, data or audio.
All three tools are more or less totally accessible with NVDA and are, in my view, a lot simpler and a lot more flexible than using Winamp's equivalents or the builtin Windows tools.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 11/10/2019 05:02 am, Arlene wrote:
It’s true. This new win ten box came without one. I did have to buy an external cd rom.

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>; for Windows 10