locked OT: Windows 10 update behaving oddly since yesterday - Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

Jacob Kruger

Yesterday evening, as I was telling windows 10 to shut down, it informed me that it had to install an update, so I told it to go ahead, and, left it running until it had powered off.

Now, this morning, the start menu, focus returning to things like thunderbird, after I close a message was reading, etc., etc. are not cooperating like they did yesterday.

In case it could make a difference, I tried firing up the latest alpha version of NVDA running in portable mode, but, no change.

In other words, wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and, if I should try something like a clean install of NVDA, or is this simply the latest tweak to windows 10's own interface - for example, neither windows key + M, or windows key + D will bring focus to the desktop, or minimise all windows, and, if I manage to get focus into the windows status bar, using windows key + B, or by tabbing around a bit, it only seems to allow me to navigate through roundabout 5 icons/items, whereas, if I use the sysTrayList NVDA add-on, then there are 9 of them hovering around there.

In other words, is this a brand new tweak to the windows UI, or is there possibly something else I should try find/correct?

And, asking this here, since I have never had this form of a problem in terms of windows UI interaction before while working with NVDA, so, don't really think there's an issue there, but, don't know where else to ask.

Stay well Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791