From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: 24 July 2016 23:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] [NVDA pronouncing "County" as "Company" in address line

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise how I can get NVDA to say “County” when it meets the contraction “Co.” in an address line?

I am using “ETI Eloquence” as my speech engine in NVDA 2016.2 and Windows 10.

This is the common way to present the County in both the UK and Ireland. For example, I live in County Wicklow and this is represented in my address line as “Co. Wicklow”. However, NVDA says “Company Wicklow” every time!

How can I fix this?

All advice and thoughts are welcome.

All the best,

Cearbhall