From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vincent Le Goff
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] wx and python 3.8.0

Hi,

Setting as Python 3.8 is really recent, I think we'd need a few weeks for
dependencies to catch up and provide a version for Python 3.8. Which, of
course, is not necessary for Python libraries as they will remain
compatible, but wxPython itself is not only written in Python, and pillow
might not either.  Python 3.8 will not be considered stable before some time
(we're still with the first release candidate after all, and it was
published at the end of September if I'm not mistaken).

I, too, am dying to use the := operator, but I'll advise to wait a bit for
third-party libraries.

HTH,

Vincent

On 10/16/2019 2:06 PM, lali wrote:
Dear all!

    I wanted to install wxpython in python 3.8 with

pip install wxpython

And one requirement could not be satisfied.

Pillow cannot install, because zlib library headers aren't available.

What shall I do?

Or shall I keep using python 3.7?

Thanks!

Lali