Re: question on html hook for screen readers

Michael Munn

Many screen reader share's the same HTML command. There is really no way to tell when a person is using neither Jaws nor NVDA less they are using different synthesizer.
NVDA uses E speak as it's default Synthesizer, and Jaws uses Eloquence as it's default TTS.
I have figured a way to tell whether a person is using Jaws or NVDA. To tell a person is using Jaws or NVDA, I basically hear how each screen reader read's the page.
Jaws and NVDA have different styles of reading.
Thanks for asking.
Best regards
Michael Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Maryland

www.nfbmd.org

www.hadley.edu

Students of Hadley Institute of the Blind

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 8:46 PM Sean Murphy <mhysnm1964@...> wrote:
Simple answer is no

My experience is the part

On 22 Oct 2019, at 11:42 am, Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io <rmkuzma@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if there is a html command or hook to determine if you are using a screen reader>?

Also, if so, is it screen reader specif as in nvda and/or jaws?

Thanks

Rich