Re: NVDA keeps on crashing while switching windows

Quentin Christensen

Did you get a resolution to this issue?  And did the COM Registration fixing tool help?  I had someone with a similar issue this morning.  I can't reproduce it myself and am waiting to hear back from them with more information.  A couple of suggestions:

- Restarting the computer itself if you haven't done so lately
- The COM Registration fixing tool from the NVDA Tools menu
- Restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled
- Set your NVDA log to "Debug" (the option is in NVDA's general settings: NVDA+control+g), then recreate the issue, then find your log in the %temp% folder and email it to me (not the group as you can't send attachments)

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM help tech accessibility <slrdarjit2002@...> wrote:
the version of NVDA is
2019.2
stable build.

and the windows version is:

Windows 10Ver1903 (64-bit) build 18362.387

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
What version of NVDA do you have? (NVDA menu, help, about)
What version of Windows do you have? (Windows+R, winver, enter)

When did this problem start? Had you done anything right before that, such as
install a windows update, or some new software, or update Chrome, or something?

I know it's an old drum inside of a dead horse that I keep beating, but have
you run the NVDA COM Registration Fixing Tool, from the NVDA Tools menu?

Luke

--
saludos cordiales , Suhas
Lightning Mcqueen rapido como un rayo....

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager