Re: NVDA keeps on crashing while switching windows

Luke Davis

But did you run the Com Registration Fixing Tool? I asked, now Quentin has asked, but we're still waiting for an answer.

Luke

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019, help tech accessibility wrote:

thanks for replying.
no i haven't still got a solution for this problem.
i'll try to reproduce and will send you the attachment
thanks.
On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:32 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Did you get a resolution to this issue?  And did the COM Registration fixing tool help?  I had someone with a similar issue this morning.  I
can't reproduce it myself and am waiting to hear back from them with more information.  A couple of suggestions:
- Restarting the computer itself if you haven't done so lately
- The COM Registration fixing tool from the NVDA Tools menu
- Restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled
- Set your NVDA log to "Debug" (the option is in NVDA's general settings: NVDA+control+g), then recreate the issue, then find your log in the %temp%
folder and email it to me (not the group as you can't send attachments)
Regards
Quentin.
On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM help tech accessibility <slrdarjit2002@...> wrote:
the version of NVDA is 2019.2
stable build.
and the windows version is:
Windows 10Ver1903 (64-bit) build 18362.387
On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
What version of NVDA do you have? (NVDA menu, help, about)
What version of Windows do you have? (Windows+R, winver, enter)

When did this problem start? Had you done anything right before that, such as
install a windows update, or some new software, or update Chrome, or something?

I know it's an old drum inside of a dead horse that I keep beating, but have
you run the NVDA COM Registration Fixing Tool, from the NVDA Tools menu?

Luke