Re: Libreoffice and text highlighting

Hi, Stuart

Thanks again.

I have pressed enter on the highlight drop down menu,do you know is there any NVDA function that can check whether the hightlight has been applied or not?

I tried pressing the drop down menu by moving mouse curser, and it seemed that I can only find the Gold color.

V Stuart Foote 於 24/10/2019 22:40 寫道:

William,

After F10 and F6  movement to the "formatting toolbar", and  then Tab advancing onto the Highlight Color control

an enter will make the highlight to to selected text, using the current color (default color is yellow)

a cursor down will open the palette dialog, it will be titled Highlight Color, it is a multi element control Tab advances banetween the controls

it has a combobox list for changing the color palette in use

the default 'standard' color palette is the most useful in general  with  grays on the top row and the columns sequenced Yellows - Reds - Blues in tints and shades

the picker is a 12 column multi-row palette of color swatches, with mouse over movements each color will sound its labeled name

a mouse click over a color will assign that color pick to highlighting

if you had a text selection before clicking or opening the picker it will highlight that selection,  if not the cursor will become a  paint bucket and "pour" the highlight on any selection to be made.

Use an escape key to get out of the paint bucket mode and return.   If you cycle F10 to the menu, and a control plus F6 your focus and edit cursor will be back in the document.

Stuart
San Antonio, Texas