lengthy reading in Braille

Christopher Kchao

Hi,
I was wondering if there might be a better way of doing extensive reading with NVDA and a Braille display that would not cause the whole system to think it's idle. I was recently doing some rather lengthy reading from within the browser, using nothing but the panning keys on my display and not otherwise directly interacting with the system. While I was glad that speech did not make itself heard during this process, I was unexpectedly greeted with the Windows lock screen mid-sentence.
I realize that this situation might be somewhat atypical or low-incidence, but I'm nonetheless hoping there's a work-around out there. The issue as I describe it has the potential to be fairly disruptive to those for whom Braille is their primary means of accessing the screen. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.