Re: lengthy reading in Braille

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

It's true that you still have the option to disable sleep mode in Windows settings.  I must admit I did it.  I don't want this laptop to turn off unless I turn it off manually.  So I don't have this issue either, when reading in braille, and I do read a lot. But again I guess something else could be done to keep sleep mode available and still allow long Braille reading.

Vincent

On 10/26/2019 8:51 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
I have never had problems with reading Braille for long periods. I usually read files with notepad or WordPad. I did have the help of a knowledgeable tech who
turned off everything that might make the computer sleep.

John

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 05:58:29PM -0400, David Csercsics wrote:
I don’t think NVDA can do that because I don’t think Windows knows about the braille display. The only reason Windows doesn’t go to sleep for speech is because it’s running through the sound card. But I think the problem is that Windows does not know about braille devices.