Re: Advertising Windows that overlay part of the screen

Oriana

According to the linked website, the ads may actually be from a simultaneously installed program called Connect. One recommendation is to uninstall Connect, although this will disable WiFi transfer and Cloud import.

 https://www.magix.info/us/forum/how-to-stop-music-maker-screen-popups-ads--1208235/

Another solution is to enter the Connect program, and in the section for Info Channels, disable all. In this link, the pictures are screenshots of the program before and after disabling all info channels. The tabs for each section are on the left side, and read WiFi Transfer, Cloud Import, Info Channels, Settings, and About. The description in the Info Channels section reads as follows:

Info Channels
Activate MAGIX Connect info channels to to find out about the latest software updates and offers for all of your installed MAGIX programs.

And the following scrollable box contains a list of programs to recieve related ads.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 12:24 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Chris,

           Sorry, but I misunderstood your situation.

           If this is being put up by the program, and the program is freeware, my guess is you will not be able to stop it and without having the thing to play with in person I have no idea how you'd access the overlay.   If the program is paid, it's outrageous that it would present ads to begin with, and I'd complain loudly to the software maker.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide