Re: One Core voices

molly the blind tech lover

I just saw the rate boost option for the Windows One-Core voices in NVDA’s speech settings category. Not sure why I thought the setting was in the synthesizer settings.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] one core voices

Actually, I never saw it ther at all. I normally just go into the windows set up and boost that rate to 100, then I can keep the 1 core to about 60 and be good. No one but me can thenunderstand them.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 30 Oct 2019, at 18:54, Tyler Spivey wrote:

It is, if you bothered to look.
Switch to OneCore, press ctrl+NVDA+v and select Rate boost.

On 10/30/2019 6:51 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

oh... i thought it was also for one-core. my apologies.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 9:47 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... <mailto:marrie12@...>> wrote:

__

That is not with all synths. That is I believe for eSpeak only, at
leastiwht my experience.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com> This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram <https://t.me/tffppodcast> channel is also a good place
for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord <https://discord.gg/fr7MaVK> is where you will know when
we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

<Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 30 Oct 2019, at 18:40, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

hi.
you could try the rate boost. if you press nvda plus control
plus s it will bring up the synthesizer settings. tab till you
year rate boost then check the box. hope this helps

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 9:35 PM Don H <lmddh50@...
<mailto:lmddh50@...>> wrote:

OK I understand, I think, that you can not change the rate
of the one
core voices under the speech settings of NVDA.  Under the
one core
voices listed is Paul.  When I go to the Windows 10 speech
settings
there is no Paul listed.  So how do I change the rate for Paul?
Running win 10 1903 and latest released version of NVDA.
Thanks for any help.