Re: One Core voices

Sarah k Alawami

OH, I didn't evenrealise that was a bug. Woopsy, my bad. I'll play with that the next time I use the 1 core voices. Cool!

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 30 Oct 2019, at 19:25, Quentin Christensen wrote:

We've "fixed" that issue with OneCore voices now, so you don't need to adjust the rate in Windows settings anymore - you completely adjust the speech rate from NVDA's voice settings (NVDA+control+v) now just like with other synthesizers.

We also just added rate boost as an option for Windows OneCore in NVDA 2019.2, so if you looked in 2019.1 or earlier then you wouldn't have encountered the option for OneCore :)

Finally on all this, another thing not everyone may have encountered, from 2019.2 you can toggle rate boost (for OneCore and eSpeak NG) from the synth settings ring.  Press NVDA+control+left or right arrow to move between options, and NVDA+control+up or down arrow to change.  If using Laptop keyboard layout, add SHIFT to both of those commands.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 1:16 PM molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

I just saw the rate boost option for the Windows One-Core voices in NVDA’s speech settings category. Not sure why I thought the setting was in the synthesizer settings.