Re: One core voices

Tyler Spivey

Yes. They match.

Right now I have Zira, David and Mark, the voices that come with US English.
Now let's say I want to add Canadian English.
I go to Time and Language, Speech, Add voices.
From there, I scroll down to English, Canada. It says not selected, so I hit space, and press the add button
Now I close settings and restart NVDA, and now also have Richard and Linda.

What problems are you having with these voices?

On 11/1/2019 5:05 PM, Don H wrote:
Maybe I am asking the wrong question.  Is there any Correlation to the voices listed when you choose One core under the NVA speech settings and the languages you install under the time and language settings of Win 10?
On 11/1/2019 6:55 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
We told you. Change your synthesizer.

Press NVDA+ctrl+s. You will then hear select synthesizer dialog. In the list that comes up, select Windows OneCore voices and press enter.

On 11/1/2019 4:53 PM, Don H wrote:
I am still confused.  On Win 10 I go to settings, time and language, speech.  I then install Canada English, United Kingdom English along with United States English.
No matter which of these I choose the list of available voices stays the same.  What the heck am I missing?
Thanks