Other Windows that overlay part of the screen was: [nvda] Advertising Windows that overlay part of the screen

Robert Logue

"I've already got a situation where

the window appears every time I reboot my computer. This would not seem
browser related. When the ad window appears, it blocks part of my screen but
NVDA cannot find it so I can dismiss it. How can Iget NVDA to find it? Or is
there some other way to dismiss?

"

I have this problem as well.

Windows open at startup that are not in the systray or taskbar. Alt tab sometimes moves focus away.  Windows key+d to move to the desktop sometimes works too.

Some utilities just show up as windows on startup. I find I need to disable them from task manager.

This is not screen reader specific. The title and other info isn't presented to any screen reader in some cases.

How would I create a generally usable log if I wanted to report the problem?

Bob

On 2019-10-30 9:32 a.m., Christopher Gray wrote:
I'm not sure how thils answers my question. I've already got a situation where
the window appears every time I reboot my computer. This would not seem
browser related. When the ad window appears, it blocks part of my screen but
NVDA cannot find it so I can dismiss it. How can Iget NVDA to find it? Or is
there some other way to dismiss?

Thanks.

Chris

On Wed,
30 Oct 2019, Brian Vogel via Groups.Io wrote:

I find that on the rare occasion I get these that very often hitting ESC closes them.

That being said, using an ad blocker such as uBlock Origin or similar, or a browser like Brave virtually eliminates these from ever being displayed to begin with.

*The color of truth is grey.*

~ André Gide

Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.