Re: Ms Word behaving strangely around pages

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Thanks.  Yeah the way Word opens documents in its read-only mode by default isn't that great for accessibility (or perhaps it's ont, because I use a Braille display).  In any case, actually restarting Word fixed the issue this time.  I do hope it doesn't happen too often, as writing professional reports will get tedious, but in the meantime it seems to be a Word issue more than a NVDA one.

Thanks again,

Vincent

On 11/5/2019 3:17 PM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
Hi Vincent,

that sounds like a not-uncommon issue and it does have a simple workaround. Go to the View ribbon  and tab to Draft View. In that view the down arrow will take you to the next page. The shortcut keystroke is ALT+w followed by e.

I've noticed many Google results for how to get MS Word to open documents in draft view by default, but I've never seen anybody get it to successfuly do that! It certainly doesn't work for me! The first action I do when opening a Word doc is to go to the View ribbon and switch to draft view.

Hope that helps,

Giles