Re: Links on websites with submenus and/or links that NVDA can't interact with

Gene

We’ll see what other people say.  I checked with Chrome and I have JAVA script off.  There was no number sign and the home page could be read as a typical web page.

What browser are you using?

Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 2:57 PM
Subject: [nvda] Links on websites with submenus and/or links that NVDA can't interact with

Hi all,

I just visited the following website:

http://canadianxpress.ca/

I notice that when going there, there is a number sign at the end of
the address. There are multiple websites I've found like this, and
each time I've encountered issues.
On this particular site I believe the main links open up drop downs
with additional links underneath the main one. Is there a way, whether
via addons or other, to make this and other sites like this usable,
short of contacting the webmaster who may or may not change the links
to make them clickable? Jaws simply announces the links as mouse
overs, but has the same result as NVDA. I've come across sites where
to hover over content, you can simply activate object navigation and
route the mouse cursor to the link in question and more information
will be present. Not with this one, however...

Any help would be appreciated. Tried switching browsers as well.