Re: Using Surface Pro with touchscreen only?

Denis Sariyannis

Thanks for all your answers.
Does anyone know how I can navigate through a list view? If I do it with narrator or NVDA I always navigate through columns but not through lines. it is very annoying when using Windows Explorer. I guess there must be a build in solution to do this. Otherwise I'm going to create a gesture for it.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 06.11.2019 um 23:27 schrieb Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>:

I think the main issue might be that not as many touch gestures are pre-setup, however you can setup any gestures you like using NVDA's Input Gestures feature, particularly as the newer hardware running the latest Windows 10 might be able to distinguish different gestures.

I think if you can input a gesture that Narrator recognises, NVDA should be able to recognise it also - it might just be that we haven't set anything to activate to that gesture by default.

That is probably the main thing I would say - even if we defined more gestures by default, it would still be hard to try to come close to the number of commands you can give NVDA via the keyboard - certainly not as logically.  But that will be the same for any screen reader on any platform.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:57 AM Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,   well,   for me I had the same problems You face I just don't think
Nvda is up to the job using the touch screen. nothing near  as good as
Narrator.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager