Re: NVDA adding and changing settings

Gene

It should be spoken and if it isn't without changing NVDA settings, the problem should be corrected.

Perhaps this is a problem using NVDA in Windows 10.  The message is spoken in Windows 7.

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA adding and changing settings

Hi

If it is the message he wants to hear even though it is not spoken when in note pad and do the alt key + f4 key and get the message do you want to save which is not spoken.

he can do the following in nvdas settings under simple review cursor make sure it is checked and make sure simple review mode is checked.

If i want to hear the message when it comes up and says cancel save etc and it is not spoken out which does not worry me I can use object navigation to hear it in this case it is the nvda key + 6 on the numeric keypad then use nvda key + 4 tto go back to where the buttons are and save that way.

Some of the material that is not read out can be accessed with object navigation like this example.

If a document is already saved I do not need to hear it has been saved as I know it has been.

Gene nz

On 8/11/2019 7:40 am, Gene wrote:
Window-eyes says that because it is told by the developers, to say that word when that key combination is pressed.  it isn't analyzing an action by the word processor or text editor to know if a document was saved.  It is just saying the word.  That is bad design and Window-eyes probably says other things because the screen-reader is programmed to do so just because a certain key combination is pressed.

Frankly, you are worrying excessively about almost nothing.  As I said, if you issue the save command twice, it is almost 100 percent certain that the document has been saved.  And to emphasize the point, all this time, you were saving documents and relying on Window-eyes to tell you that they were saved when actually, all it was doing was saying the word saved because it was programmed to when you pressed that combination.  But that shows how reliably your documents were being saved.

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 12:23 PM

FYI: In Window-Eyes when pressing the control-s command it does say “save”. In NVDA the alt-f4 command is helpful. Another thought that occured to me is to go to the file name in the subdirectory and check the date and time last saved, especially if i want to continue editing the document.

Listening for His shout!
Grant – A.K.A. Grandpa DOS