Re: Urgent help needed NVDA was not able to loa Microsoft SAPI 5

But the SAPI 5 that I cannot load is the Microsoft SAPI5.

How could I deal with that?

Contact Microsoft?

Gene 於 8/11/2019 1:53 寫道:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the actual synthesizer program, as well as making sure files that may be left after the uninstallation are removed before reinstalling?  Also, I recall, many years ago, seeing something about a way to repair SAPI 5.  Perhaps others may know more.  I think it was a utility but I don't recall much of anything except that that may be the case.

Also, you can contact the place where you got the synthesizer and ask about the problem as well as how to repair SAPI 5.

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 5:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Urgent help needed NVDA was not able to loa Microsoft SAPI 5

Hi,
The error message is
Synthesizer error
Could not load the sapi5 synthesizer.

I have tried:
1. restore NVDA default setting
2. reinstall some SAPI 5tts

And they failed.

Quentin Christensen 於 7/11/2019 15:27 寫道:
I wouldn't immediately jump to reinstalling Windows just yet.

Can you use eSpeak NG?  Also can you give us the exact error you get when you try to load a SAPI 5 synthesizer?  Have you installed, updated or uninstalled anything recently?

The log didn't make it through - they can't be sent to the list, but you can send it to me offlist at info@... if you like.

If it's a language issue, if you open NVDA's general settings (assuming you can still use any of NVDA?) can you set the language to English instead of default?  And if that works, it might be worth checking what your Windows language is set to just in case that has changed.

Regards

Quentin

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 4:56 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi,

Very annoying to me.

Today I wake up to find that my NVDA suddenly doesn't speak English.

If I try to set Microsoft SAPI 5 as the speach engine, NVDA display
error message that the speech synth was not able to load.

The problem also exist if I try to load RH voice.

For details, I have included in the log file here.

I am very very upset now. Could any one offer me a fix for it. Many thanks.

William

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager