Re: NVDA announcing new opened windows

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

You can set up Windows 10 to do this.  In the sound schemes area, but it does get quite annoying in my view.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet Brandly via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 11:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA announcing new opened windows

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

Hello all,

Is there an NVDA setting which will have NVDA make a sound when a new window is opened? For example, it would be helpful if, when launching Firefox,  NVDA would make a sound when the window is open. Right now, I wait a few seconds and alt-tab around to see if a new window has opened. Window-Eyes used to do this and it was a great feature.

Thanks,

Janet