locked Re: Issues:

Sascha Cowley

Regarding the first problem, it sounds like you either have too many background services running, or your system is simply not powerful enough to run a screen-reader comfortably. Although NVDA is (as far as I know) one of the most lightweight screen-readers around, unfortunately all such programs are necessarily somewhat resource intensive. Without knowing more information (E.G. what version of Windows you're running), I can't say anything more specific. It could also be an issue of NVDA addons. Have you recently installed any? Do you have a lot of addons installed?

Turning to your second issue, have you tried switching to the installer or UAC window? Sometimes they don't always come to the foreground. It could also be a matter of Windows Smart Screen. I believe this is accessible with NVDA, but may need to be switched to as well. Beyond that, I can't help as I have it disabled.

On 12/11/2019 11:08, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
Hi good people:
I am having two different problems which I will like you chas to address.
The first problem is with the NVDA screen reader itself.
When I start my computer, and the screen reader turns up, and I hear
the key combination alttab twice to get back to NVDA, to hear "welcome
to NVDA dialog. What exactly is happening here:
Added to that, It is just too slow, when I am working on the
internet. Many times, it crashes when i am on a website, and I have
to go back to the desktop, to start it again.
Sometimes, it take for ever for it to start reading a website. It
sometimes crashes the site, and never gets to read anything. All I
hear is Icon Icon.
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I have NVDA 2019.2 on
my computer.
I preferrably use Mozilla firefox as my browser.
The second issue or problem is this:
When I download a program and I attempt to install it, all I hear is
the program name mentioned, then set up, and nothing gets set up.
I hope this particular problem is well understood.
How can I get to set up these programs when I hear set up, and after a
long wait, nothing gets set up or installed.
I need help with both issues.
Kind regards.
Ibrahim.