Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Quentin Christensen

Hi Bhavya,

The new colour option doesn't allow for complete dimming of the screen.  If you are using a desktop, you should be able to simply leave the monitor off (although my PC looks for the monitor connection and won't start if it doesn't detect that the monitor is already on (which is quite annoying as the monitor actually is on, it just takes a second or so to come on).  If you are using a laptop, you might try pressing WINDOWS+P to "Project" the screen and choose "Second screen only" to in effect turn off your main screen.

So what the new colour option does is simply make the Windows settings display with white text on a black background rather than black text on white, which is the default for most things.

You can set it in the windows options (WINDOWS+i), choose personalisation, then colours then "Choose your app mode" and set it to "Dark" rather than "Light".

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Hi Quentin,
Could you elaborate a bit on the dark mode you were talking about?
Does it permit complete dimming of the screen?
Albert,
Thanks for the instructions - one thing I learnt was that Ctrl + Space
is used to unselected something. Previously, I always used to create a
random folder and then delete it to have focus on nothing, to be able
to get to the New submenu on the Desktop.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah