From: "Sascha Cowley via Groups.Io" <sascha.camille@...>
Date: 11/12/19 1:43 AM (GMT+01:00)
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues:

Regarding the first problem, it sounds like you either have too many
background services running, or your system is simply not powerful
enough to run a screen-reader comfortably. Although NVDA is (as far as I
know) one of the most lightweight screen-readers around, unfortunately
all such programs are necessarily somewhat resource intensive. Without
knowing more information (E.G. what version of Windows you're running),
I can't say anything more specific. It could also be an issue of NVDA
addons. Have you recently installed any? Do you have a lot of addons
installed?

Turning to your second issue, have you tried switching to the installer
or UAC window? Sometimes they don't always come to the foreground. It
could also be a matter of Windows Smart Screen. I believe this is
accessible with NVDA, but may need to be switched to as well. Beyond
that, I can't help as I have it disabled.