Re: Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.2, important announcements on Version 1809 support #addonrelease

Gary Metzler

Hi Joseph,

I use the add on updater.

How do I retrieve the build info using winver?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.2, important announcements on Version 1809 support #AddonRelease

Hi,

What method did you use to attempt to install this? If it is add-on Updater, chances are that it might be something I need to investigate from that add-on; if it is downloading the add-on from community add-ons website, that gives me a reason to investigate more.

The most likely explanation might be that you might be running 1803, which may not be the case. Can you tell me exactly which build of Windows 10 you’ve got? You can check it by opening Start menu, typing “winver” (without quotes) to search box and pressing Enter. If the build is 17134, this will explain why because Windows 10 App Essentials requires build 17763 or later.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Metzler
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.2, important announcements on Version 1809 support #AddonRelease

Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately this new version of the add on still gives me an error saying not compatible with this version of windows.  I am using 1903 and nvda February 1st.  

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:10 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.2, important announcements on Version 1809 support #AddonRelease

Hi all,

Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.2 is now available. This release adds support for announcing results of tile rearrangements – after arranging Action Center quick actions or Start menu tiles, NVDA will announce new item position or item information. As always, the new update is available via community add-ons website or via Add-on Updater.

IMPORTANT: if you are using Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update), please read the following to the end:

Support for Version 1809 from Windows 10 App Essentials is coming to a close. Depending on which channel you are subscribed to and NVDA version you’ve got:

• Development channel: November 12th snapshot onwards (today) will require Version 1903 (build 18362) or later.
  • Development channel optimized for NVDA 2019.3: a snapshot scheduled shortly after NVDACon 2019 will drop support for Version 1809.
  • Stable channel: early 2020.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.