I agree that upon refresh the expected behaviour would be for the document review cursor to be placed at the top but this applies only to a top-level refresh of the entire document. I was just hoping for some indication of when the loading and rendering process has quieted down enough for a smooth reading experience. I might even be asking for something that's impossible because Firefox would need a pretty good crystal ball to predict what the scripts on a given page will do next, let alone in a few seconds. If so I can live with that annoyance.
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

Gene <gsasner@...> schrieb am Mi., 27. Juli 2016 um 09:12 Uhr:

As far as I know, screen-readers that use the MSAA buffer, such as NVDA, don't display the page or let you move around in it before the page has fully loaded.

I''m not sure what is causing the behavior you are describing.  If a page fully refreshes, the expected behavior is that you will be returned to the top and reading will begin from the top.  If some certain part of the page is being refreshed, my speculation is that that may account for what you are experiencing if you are reading that part of the page.

I'm not sure if you can control such behavior.  But you can try changing a setting in options.
Do you know how to find the checkbox that says something like warn me when sites attempt to redirect or reload the page?
If not, I'll tell you.  But I have no idea if that setting would have any effect on this problem because if anything, only a part of a page is being refreshed, such as a region containing updating information such as a stock ticker or certain text on a page that may need to be kept current.  I doubt this setting has any effect on such behavior, though I don't know.

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some observations on usability aspects with Firefox and NVDA

I remember there is an item in  about:config to set when will the webpage be shown, fully loaded and shown or immediately shown while loading the remaining.

Felix G. 於 27/7/2016 13:41 寫道:
Hello,
I'd like to ask if anyone else is observing the following with recent versions of Firefox. When loading a page, whose title we shall define as T, NVDA announces chatter of the following structure:
T Mozilla Firefox. Unknown. Unknown. T Mozilla Firefox. T document
Now if you substitute anything substantial for T you can see how this would amount to a lot of sylables with no useful information content.
Also, Alt+Tabbing to Firefox produces:
T Mozilla Firefox, T document
Finally, are there plans to implement a way of finding out if a page has been fully loaded? I quite often find myself in the middle of reading a paragraph when suddenly some asynchronous update happens and the review cursor is thrown back a few lines or to the previous heading, to name but two instances.
Any suggestions on any of those?
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher