Re: NVDA: QUESTION

Kevin Cussick

Hi Quentin, sorry I deleted the wrong email, can yo send the url for the nvda in process again? sorry.

On 15/11/2019 07:50, Quentin Christensen wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 6:46 PM Christo Vorster <christo.vorster.klavierstem@... <mailto:christo.vorster.klavierstem@...>> wrote:
__ __
*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>] *On Behalf
Of *Quentin Christensen
*Sent:* Friday, 15 November 2019 09:29
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] NVDA: QUESTION____
__ __
You haven't missed anything Christo, and yes we'd normally have the
third release out by now and be working on the 4th.  We're making a
couple of big changes under the hood for 2019.3 - they shouldn't be
too obvious when running NVDA, but they are key to future works:____
- Speech Refactor will make it easier to update speech in future (eg
to add earcons or reorder speech)____
- Moving to Python 3 is crucial, as Python 2 is about to reach
end-of-life and will no longer be supported from early next year. Also, people who have learnt to code Python in recent years will
have learnt Python 3 so this will make it easier for them to get
involved with NVDA.____
__ __
These changes have necessitated updates to many add-ons, and to
ensure that users are not left without working add-ons, we are not
rushing NVDA 2019.3 but have been working with add-on developers to
ensure everything transitions as smoothly as possible for everyone
once NVDA 2019.3 does come out.____
__ __
If you're curious about your favourite add-ons, you can view this
list compiled by Joseph Lee (Thanks Joseph!) on the Add-ons site:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html____
__ __
You can also download the latest NVDA Alpha snapshots from
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/ to try them out.____
__ __
At this stage, we're expecting NVDA 2019.3, when it comes out, will
be the last release this year.  We know everyone likes a new
release, but we're sure you like a stable release more so that's
what we're determined to bring you :)____
__ __
Regards____
__ __
Quentin.____
__ __
On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 5:10 PM Christo Vorster
<christo.vorster.klavierstem@...
<mailto:christo.vorster.klavierstem@...>> wrote:____
Hi Group____
____
I have missed quite a lot of messages, thus the following
question____
____
Currently I have version 2019.2.1 running. I got used to the
fact that, by this time of the year, version .3 was out and we
were awaiting version .4. I am just curious regarding what is
the situation.____
____
I don’t have a problem with 2019.2.1, but am just curious.____
____