From: "The Gamages" <james.gamage@btinternet.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] [NVDA pronouncing "County" as "Company" in address line

Hello Chris and Gene,

Thank you for your replies, After much thought I remember doing this in the
Jaws dictionary, I find no entries in any of the NVDA dictionaries, this
seems strange to me, but, nevertheless, I have followed your advice and made
an entry in the voice dictionary, I typed the letters co in the first field
and then realised that it was no good typing the same into the next field, I
had to type something which sounded like that which I desired, so I typed
coe into this field, then pressed both the OK buttons in turn, this had the
desired efect.

Of course, in the previous messages, the replacement was another word which
could be spoken, so it worked, in my case I wanted co to be pronounced as
just that with no frills, maybe worth a mention for anyone else in the same
position.

unfortunately, after doing this, the word course is pronounced curse and
could pronounced cooled, also cooled is hardly pronounce at all.
I’ve probably made things worse, so I had better try and undo all I have
done.
Best Regards, Jim.