NVDA freezes in IntelliJ

Henk Mulder

Hi,

Using NVDA 2019.2.1, NVDA randomly freezes when I open IntelliJ IDE (Community edition 2019.2.4).
When it happens, NVDA hangs and won't report anything (also when switching to other applications with alt+tab). Also IntelliJ hangs and will not open the current project. The only thing I can do is to start Windows Narrator, which does keep working, and end the IntelliJ process via the task manager. When the IntelliJ process is killed NVDA unfreezes.

Is there a way to make sure, or to increase the chance, that I can start IntelliJ without NVDA and IntelliJ locking each other?

When NVDA is back I have the following snippet in the log viewer:

WARNING - watchdog._watcher (10:08:48.759):
Core frozen in stack:
  File "nvda.pyw", line 231, in <module>
  File "core.pyo", line 519, in main
  File "wx\core.pyo", line 2134, in MainLoop
  File "gui\__init__.pyo", line 1003, in Notify
  File "core.pyo", line 489, in run
  File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 889, in pumpAll
  File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 663, in processFocusWinEvent
  File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 534, in winEventToNVDAEvent
  File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 46, in getNVDAObjectFromEvent
  File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 85, in __call__
  File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 412, in findOverlayClasses
  File "JABHandler.pyo", line 707, in isJavaWindow

Best,
Henk