Re: NVDA freezes in IntelliJ

Gene

What happens if you unload NVDA, run the other program, then run NVDA again?

Sent: Monday, November 18, 2019 3:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA freezes in IntelliJ

Hi,

Using NVDA 2019.2.1, NVDA randomly freezes when I open IntelliJ IDE
(Community edition 2019.2.4).
When it happens, NVDA hangs and won't report anything (also when
switching to other applications with alt+tab). Also IntelliJ hangs and
will not open the current project. The only thing I can do is to start
Windows Narrator, which does keep working, and end the IntelliJ process
via the task manager. When the IntelliJ process is killed NVDA unfreezes.

Is there a way to make sure, or to increase the chance, that I can start
IntelliJ without NVDA and IntelliJ locking each other?

When NVDA is back I have the following snippet in the log viewer:

WARNING - watchdog._watcher (10:08:48.759):
Core frozen in stack:
   File "nvda.pyw", line 231, in <module>
   File "core.pyo", line 519, in main
   File "wx\core.pyo", line 2134, in MainLoop
   File "gui\__init__.pyo", line 1003, in Notify
   File "core.pyo", line 489, in run
   File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 889, in pumpAll
   File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 663, in processFocusWinEvent
   File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 534, in winEventToNVDAEvent
   File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 46, in
getNVDAObjectFromEvent
   File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 85, in __call__
   File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 412, in
findOverlayClasses
   File "JABHandler.pyo", line 707, in isJavaWindow

Best,
Henk