Re: Reading Margin Comments in Word with NVDA

I'd update, if I were you, because later versions do this far better. Anyway, you could To report any comments at the current caret position, press NVDA+alt+c. All comments for the document, along with other tracked changes, can also be listed in the NVDA Elements List when selecting Annotations as the type.

This Microsoft article also gives alternatives, but I've found their screen reader help articles to be more for JAWS folks but still, give it a read.