Re: Inquiry about 2019.3

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

As Luke said, 2019.3 is not yet in beta, so it will be at least a few weeks.  As we have always said, we'd rather put out something which is stable, than try to stick to an arbitrary timeline.  This next release will be quite a big one - as well as the usual slew of new features and bug fixes (and there are quite a few) there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work in this one, as Luke mentioned.  It has meant that add-ons have needed to be updated, and we have been, and continue to, work with add-on developers to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible for users (and for the record, the NVDA Remote developers have now been in touch about updating NVDA Remote).

If you are interested in testing what is scheduled for the next version, you can always try our latest alpha build: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/  It is pre-release software, so it's probably worth leaving 2019.2.1 installed and using the alpha as a portable or temporary copy to test out, just in case things don't work perfectly.  If you do try the alpha builds and have any feedback, it is always welcome, either via email or on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:25 AM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, its been a quite while for now
I never read anything about with the stable build of 2019.3
I may ask what is the timeline should be wait for the update. Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager