Re: Nvda problem in Word

I have found that office can sometimes corrupt itself.

At first glance try a quick repair of office from programs and features.

That usually gets it working.

If not, try a full repair.

You will need to reenter your activation again or key but it should be fine.

If you have used the old file converter pack note that past 2010 version of office it may not work.

office 2013 will probably still work but anything over that and you can forget it.

On 22/11/2019 2:54 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
I can't think of a reason for this happening, but a couple of things to possibly try:
1. Is it happening in all Word documents?  IF you create a blank document, type a line of text and arrow through it, does it recur?
2. If you've recently updated anything (NVDA, Office, Windows, etc), try going to the Windows shut down menu and restarting Windows.
3. Try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled.  Press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER" (as others have speculated, that may be what was meant by accessories being disabled, but I thought I'd mention it just in case).

If neither of those help, if you could send info@... the following:

1) Description of the problem and your system (Versions of Windows, Office, NVDA etc)
2) A debug log of the issue: Press NVDA+control+g to open the general options and TAB to "log level".  Set this to "Debug" and press OK.  Recreate the issue in Word, then press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer, press control+a to select all, control+c to copy, go back to your email and press control+v to paste it into the email to us.
3) If you can attach the Word document it is occuring in, we can have a look at that.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 6:32 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hi group,

a friend of mine has a problem in word.

Here is, what he wrote:

Hello fans. With NVDA I have a problem when moving in Word. When I open
a document and start to move it letter by letter, word by word, by
sentence or paragraph by paragraph, and NVDA often reads text twice.
E.g. when I move the letters and say, need space, so sometimes when you
press the left or right arrow tells the gap again, even if there is
already another character. When you press the keyboard shortcut that
reads a character on which the navigator object within the review
cursor, to the sign reads. Or when you press the left and right arrow so
it repeats the letter, which was the first down arrow. Do you know what
it could be? I tried to run NVDA and accessories are prohibited, but it
did not help. I have Microsoft Office 2013 and NVDA 2019.2. Michal health.

--
Jarek

--
Quentin Christensen