Re: an annoying problem with the NVDA portable

Quentin Christensen

I think I understand what you are saying, but I'm having trouble replicating it.  Have you got an example of a setup file which will behave like this please?

I'm running a portable copy of NVDA, and I just tried running a setup file, as it started reading out the screen before the secure screen, I pressed ENTER.  By default ENTER itself will interrupt NVDA reading, but even with that turned off, as soon as the secure screen appears, NVDA stops what it is reading, states "Secure desktop" and then goes silent.

If I'm reading correctly, what you're saying is that NVDA does not stop reading the previous screen, and because we are now on a secure screen, NVDA can't accept input so can't now be paused with SHIFT or CONTROL?

Also, which synthesizer are you using, and if you try a different one (you should have at least two available), does it make a difference?

Finally, is it EVERY setup program, or one particular one?

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 10:01 AM abdul muhamin <abdulmuhamin600@...> wrote:

Hi all, I’m facing a big problem while using the NVDA portable. I know that it doesn’t work on user account control dialog. But after clicking yes to open the app, for example a setup file, the NVDA disables all the command keys, even you cannot stop it from speaking by pressing control. It only happens when you are using the nvda portable copy. Please fix the problem. Using win10 v1903 64bit

Regards

Abdulmuhamin.

Chief content officer at

Blind Help Project