So, if you are running 2019.2.1, then you're on the latest version.  You can also check on the download page: https://www.nvaccess.org/download the first heading tells you the current version.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 5:43 PM Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

That explains why I have no update available. I have the latest version.  Thought there was an update.sory about that.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jonathon Rodriguez via Groups.Io
Sent: November 26, 2019 9:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Cc: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable to update NVDA

it didn't work when I tried again using check for updates option

On Nov 26, 2019, at 10:59 PM, "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...> wrote:

I'm happy to try to help you, but a one-word answer to two questions at once isn't as helpful as it could be.

The error you gave isn't one I've seen before - NVDA doesn't need access to the Internet in order to install or run.  It obviously won't be able to check for updates if it can't access the Internet, but aside from that (and the error it gives if you try to manually check for updates is "Error checking for updates" - when it checks automatically each day it doesn't give an error if there is no connection).

If you go to the download's page in your browser and try to download, it will either load the page or not, and then download or give an error.  At this stage, I'm not even sure if you have downloaded an update or where you are at.  All I can tell you is that I've downloaded NVDA several times today to check, both using the update function, and manually, and haven't had any problems with the process.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM Jonathon Rodriguez via Groups.Io <fatboytaij12=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

no

On Nov 26, 2019, at 10:02 PM, "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...> wrote:

Does it work if you try again now?  Or if you download from the site manually?

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 2:47 PM Jonathon Rodriguez via Groups.Io <fatboytaij12=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

no, Internet access not blocked, NVDA was not blocked from accessing the Internet

On Nov 26, 2019, at 9:22 PM, "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...> wrote:

Have you blocked NVDA from accessing the internet?

I just installed 2019.1 and updated it to 2019.2.1 without incident.  You could either try again and see if it works this time, or you could download the current version from: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

Downloading and installing from there will still recognise your previous version and keep your existing settings.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 1:09 PM Jonathon Rodriguez via Groups.Io <fatboytaij12=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I get an error message

error message: Internet connection not detected, the NVDA Installer was unable to detect an Internet connection, then it plays the Windows error sound, plays the NVDA descending sounds, and closes its self

On Nov 26, 2019, at 7:44 PM, "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Jonathon,

Can you please give some details about why you are unable to update?  Are you getting an error message (if so, what does it say)?

I downloaded NVDA earlier and it was working then.  It might have been a temporary issue somewhere along the line.  It's worth trying again and then if you still have problems, try to describe exactly what is happening and what response you are getting so we can help.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 12:40 PM Jonathon Rodriguez via Groups.Io <fatboytaij12=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

unable to update NVDA