Re: Virtual review and cmd / power shell

Gene

There is an error on the page.  Both the stable version link and the development version link are identical.  They both lead to the same version of the program and, when you follow one of the links, the other link shows as visited as well--the identical underlying link but with a different name.

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Virtual review and cmd / power shell

I just read the description of the add-on.  The sentence near the beginning that says that it is just for convenience and doesn't replace the NVDA review methods appears to be inaccurate.  Assuming that this is equivalent to screen mode in NVDA, it has an important ability that screen mode has never had, nor object navigation.  You can't search for content in either of those modes.  You have to look at the screen or move through the screen line by line to get to something.

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:17 AM

You need to install the virtual review addon as this is not a built-in
NVDA function. You can get it at
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/virtualRevision.en.html.