Re: Insert Key deactivated after shutdown and restart

Jackie

Ron, have you tried simply using alt control n? That's what I do when
NVDA gets stuck. Otherwise it's a hassle.

On 11/27/19, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I can't quite remember just when this started, but over the past one to
two weeks, I have noticed that when I shutdown and restart the computer,
when I try to use NVDA desktop keystrokes, the insert key does not
interact with the program.  That is to say, pressing insert + T results
in just the T being recognized and if on the desktop, I move to the
first item that begins with T.  I have checked to see whether somehow
the numlock has been turned on and it has not. I have toggled it on and
off a few times every time this has occurred to see if that changed
anything and it did not.

The way to reactivate the insert key is to shut down and restart NVDA.
Since the insert key is not working at this time, I have to use windows
key + B to move to the system tray and then use first letter navigation
to move to NVDA, then press enter on NVDA and up arrow once to exit and
press enter.  Then I can use the NVDA hotkey to restart the program and
everything works as it should.

Has anyone else experienced this recently, and if so is there a
cause/remedy?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.