Re: Insert Key deactivated after shutdown and restart

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

I've seen this setting, but looking at my current and latest version of /windows 10 1909, I can't seem to find where this fast start up item is located.  Can you advise me?

Thanks in advance.

On 11/27/2019 12:35 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Ron,

             If you have not already done so, check to see if Fast Startup is enabled on your system and, if so, disable it.  The very first "mysterious experience" I had that had Fast Startup and the corruption of the hibernation file used by same at its root was for JAWS and not responding to keyboard input.

Control Panel, Power Options, Choose what the Power Button does link, activate the Change settings that are currently unavaliable link to make the checkboxes for Turn on Fast Startup (recommended), Sleep, Hibernate, and Lock available for checking/unchecking.  Uncheck the checkbox for Fast Startup and gracefully work your way back out of the dialogs.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"