Re: issue with extention confirmed

I have noticed this to, I have to alt tab to winamp.

I actually like it being done this way maybe it could be added as a toggle to focus or not focus.

I have issue with any media program that focuses on itself and nvda anounces a lot of stuff then I have to stop and replay because I miss a lot of stuff but yeah it does happen sometimes not sure why.

On 30/11/2019 1:47 am, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Ken,

I cannot confirm your issue with Winamp as such.  However, there is a long standing issue that I have had since upgrading to Windows 10 and using Winamp.

What happens is that if I click on an audio file in Windows Explorer Winamp will play but NVDA  won't focus on Winamp.  That is to say, NVDA will stay focused on the file in Windows Explorer that I have just clicked on.  If I then Press alt + tab and focus on Winamp and then release the keystroke, NVDA still will not focus on Winamp.  If I press insert + T to read the title bar after this second step, NVDA says 'explorer window.'  If I then press alt + tab to focus on Winamp again, this second time, focus stays on Winamp.

That is and has been happening for a few years, my big issue with Winamp.  If  I run Winamp from the desktop, this issue does not occur.

On 11/29/2019 7:29 AM, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi listers I updated the extention for winamp the other day and as reported originally the extention made winamp invisible the NVDA can’t even read with insirt plus T that you are sitting on winamp. I had to disable the extention.  Just now after downloading a song and tagging in winamp for possible play on a radio show I decided to enable the add on and sure enough winamp vanished.  It is running but I can’t apparently even go to my context menu to view file information.  I can tag files but I have to guess what I’m focused on to do it.  Is anyone else having issues with winamp extention version 1.2?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"