Re: Regular expression in the dictionary [Re: Expression régulière dans le dictionnaire]

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 04:23 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
If so, NVDA expects Python-style regular expressions
Which confirms what I thought.  Since the conversation was about which Regular Expression syntax was being used, and Python is one of those, I left off "syntax" as it seemed repetitive.

But since NVDA is written in the Python programming language it only makes sense that it would use Python Regular Expression syntax, as I'd have to believe it relies on the regular expression libraries under Python for interpreting them.  If the answer had been anything else it would have come as a big shock.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)