Re: can't go back to the inbox in thunderbird

Ron Canazzi

Try unchecking the windows pane and see what happens.  In addition, whenever I get lost in Thunderbird, I press F6 and that takes me to the tree view of folder.  I then use up and down arrow keys to highlight the Inbox folder and tab to the list of messages.

For this to work, you must have folder pane checked under view/layout.

Hi, Ron,

I do have the message pane checked but I still can't go back to the inbox like I used to be able to do.

Rosemarie

On 7/27/2016 9:33 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Group,

In Thunderbird, the preview pain setting is under view/layout and is referred to as 'message pane.'  The hot key is F8, but you should check it first under view/layout and if it is not checked then it is not present and pressing F8 would turn it on causing problems.

On 7/27/2016 12:17 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

I open my messages in a new window to read them, and thus when I close that window, it just goes back to message listing.

Under tools menu, options, select display from list in window that comes up, and tab over to a set of radio buttons for open messages in - and, think also turned off any form of preview pane somewhere, but, can't remember exactly.

Stay well, and HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.