Re: Regular expression in the dictionary [Re: Expression régulière dans le dictionnaire]

Luke Davis

I believe the question needs some more context.
How would you like them marked?
What would you like spoken to indicate the word get? What spoken for the word set?

Since you are talking about getters and setters in code, it is likely you want two regular expressions like this, with case sensitivity set to on:

\bget[A-Z0-9_]
\bset[A-Z0-9_]

If you are using a language which capitalizes inner words by convention.

That would pick up:

getMyVariable()
setOtherVariable()

But not:

getmyVariable()
setmyVariable()

Luke

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 03:54 AM, Sylvain Machefert wrote:
Le manuel n'explique pas les expressions régulières mais ne donne pas un seul petit exemple.
Certes, expliquer les expressions régulières n'est pas le but de la documentation de NVDA, mais que dois-je mettre pour que "get" (g e t) et "set" (s
e t) soient prononcés correctement en début de mot ? Respectivement "guette" et "sette".... très utile en programmation.
English Translation: The handbook does not explain the regular expressions but does not give only one small example.  Admittedly, to explain the regular
expressions is not the goal of the documentation of NVDA, but what must I put so that “get” (G E T) and “set” (SET) correctly marked at the beginning of
word? Respectively “watches for” and “sette”…. very useful in programming.----------------------------------------------------------------While there are
absolutely no language restrictions on the NVDA group, as a matter of practicality it is primarily an English language group.To capture a character sequence
that is at the beginning of a word, but that may or may not be the whole word, you can use the word boundary operator, \b, to anchor to a word boundary,
generally white space in any amount, or a newline, preceding a word, then couple this with a wildcard for "word characters, \w, afterward occurring zero or
more times.  So, to match anything starting with the characters "set" you would use:                     \bset\w*This would match the word "set" and the
word "settings" in the first two sentences, but not "inset" in the third:         I need to set the table.  How many place settings do we have?  The niche
is inset by 5 inches.There are myriad tutorials on Regular Expressions on the web, and quite a few tools for testing the regular expressions you create
(though I do not believe a lot of them would be accessible because visual highlighting is what's used to indicate what is and is not matched).This page gets
into real detail about matching word boundaries, probably too much:  https://www.regular-expressions.info/wordboundaries.htmlThere are also a lot of cheat
sheets out there for the most common kinds of matching.
         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)

--
Luke Davis