Why does NVDA say selected instead at times?

Gene

I updated to Windows 7 Service pack 1 recently to try to solve a problem which wasn’t solved in that way.  I had put it off because there was a version of a program I can’t run after the update.  It’s a little less convenient but I can run a newer version and I almost never run it anyway.

Which is to explain why I hadn’t played with newer versions of NVDA for a good while.  But now, I’m curious about something.  When I am in the run dialog and up and down arrow in the list of things I have run, NVDA says the word instead off and on.  It might say Notepad selected, then if I down arrow, it might say c:\audio selected instead or maybe Wordpad selected instead.  This isn’t consistent and it doesn’t do this in Windows Explorer.  I’m curious why that is.