Re: Windows 10 Upgrade?

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi David

have a look under your C:\ drive. if there is only a program file there
it is a 32 bit machine.

If it says program file and also has a extra directory called program
files x86 then this is a 64 bit machine.

There is a audio tutorial on upgrading from window 8 I think it is to
windows 10 and the steps to do it.

You will only be able to use your screen reader up to a part, then when
it starts to reboot 7 times there will be no screen reader support.
There will be a time it may vary then you bring up narrator to finish
off the job.

The link can be found on my nvda audio tutorial page at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html

You will need to look for the heading that refers about upgrading to
windows 10. It can also be found on my nvda tutorials for windows 10
page as well at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html

most upgrades do go nicely but you do have the odd one or 2 that cause
trouble. In that case it might be drivers needed or not supported.

By the way i think the free upgrade ends at the 29th of this month.

hope this helps.

Gene nz

On 28/07/2016 4:06 AM, David Russell wrote:
Hi NVDA group,

I currently have Win7 on my computer, but am noticing the frequency of
upgrade to win10 is occurring more often during the day. My questions
are these:
-If I select yes, will it write over Win7 or somehow make win7 disabled?

-Will "all programs" currently accessed be moved to function in win10?

-How do I tell if the version upgrade is 32-bit or 64-bit? I do have
the latest version of NVDA running.

Thanks for the help which will lead me to move or not move.
Regards,