Re: Donating via FB campaign

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your support!  Unfortunately at this time, donating directly through Facebook is only available for charities registered in a handful of countries.  NV Access is registered in Australia and reading https://www.facebook.com/help/1251484118194936 confirms Australia is not yet on the list.  I don't know what facebook's rollout plans for this feature are so I can't give you a possible timeline of when it might be available.  In the meantime, your best option for donating is via https://www.nvaccess.org/support-us/#donation-support - we use PayPal because they're well known and have low fees compared to most methods. You don't need a PayPal account to donate however, you can use the system with a credit card without logging in to a PayPal account.  There are also bank transfer details on the page, but please check the international transfer fees with your bank first as they tend to eat up quite a large proportion of most transfers.  (I appreciate those current donation options likely won't fit with being able to donate directly through Facebook - we'll certainly look at it again when it becomes available to Australian charities).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:43 AM Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Clerified that I was talking about Facebook donations, not regular donations.]

Each month, on my author page via Facebook, I run a campaign to donate to a non-profit. My most successful was the one where I was giving to, we need diverse books. At the start of 2020, I'd like to run a campaign for NV Access. But, when I look for a non-profit to donate to, NV Access isn't there at all. Are their any plans to add yourselves to the Facebook donation pool in the future?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager