Re: Accessable antivirus program #addonrelease

well, it handles everything from security to device health.

Its basically a large extensive control panel.

You set it and forget it.

No extras and it doesn't use to much.

On 6/12/2019 1:08 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 06:58 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
Note that windows defender is suppose to be anti-spyware and malware.
Yes, it has expanded beyond strict anti-virus into a full-featured security suite.  I believe there are even some measures against ransomware, too.  That being said, I keep a separate antimalware scanner on my computers "just in case" as they do a better job with that class of infection, just like adware removers do with adware, than any general purpose security suite does.

I haven't had an infection of any sort for, literally, at least 2 decades now, but am forearmed just in case.

For those who want to review third-party antivirus testing lab results, which always include Windows Defender/Windows Security in their tests, see the most recent plus the last several years of historical test results from:

AV Test

AV Comparatives

SE Labs  (Reports Page)

MRG Effitas  (360 Protection Testing Category)

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)