Re: Add-on issues after system restore on Windows 10

There is the unanswered question of what version of NVDA, as well as what versions of the Add-Ons, are present.

System Restore (which I personally dislike because it's both unreliable and incomplete) only rolls back your system registry and certain folders, but not all of them.  It is not, in any meaningful sense, a full restore but is, instead, a selective partial one. See the articles:

System Restore (What It Is and How to Use It)

What System Restore Can and Cannot Do to Your Windows

I am quite certain that NVDA add-ons are unlikely to be touched by System Restore as they are not installed using a method that System Restore tracks, so you could possibly have an "older" version of NVDA for which "newer" versions of the add-ons are incompatible.

I'm in agreement with Mr. Vonderlinden that an complete uninstall of NVDA, and all associated add-ons, and a reinstall of same is the thing that is most likely to rectify the situation the most easily.

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)