Re: thunderbird question

Gene

Also, are you a new user?  You said slow with NVDA but is that because you are using NVDA or is it that you have used Thunderbird with another screen-reader and it is faster.  I've seen specific complaints from some people that Thunderbird is slow opening messages on their systems.  Other people don't seem to have the problem.

I know that Thunderbird is very popular among blind users.  But Windows Live Mail, though it has a crashing problem on some systems, is a good alternative and you may want to try it.

Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2019 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] thunderbird question

Hi,

I'm using thunderbird. You could try disabling the global search.
Another reason thunderbird could be sluggish is because you might have a
lot of messages in your inbox. If too many messages in the inbox is the
case, you might want to organize them with creating new folders for your
list and create message filters. That's the only thing I can think of.

Rosemarie