Re: Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

I meant to say its not needed. I had forgotten Doug has an add-on.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Hi Lino,

You say that an add-on is needed, yet on the other hand you say it works well with the alpha builds. What would you like to see the add-on do better? This is a question Doug Lee would like to see users of NVDA address so that he can improve upon the Skype 8 add-on.

Thanks,

Cordelia

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Add-on is needed. Skype 8 works great with NVDA. I’m using the alpha builds right now and works like a champ.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 5:42 AM
Subject: [nvda] Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

Hi:

Does anybody use or test Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3 on
Windows 10? If not, how readily accessible is Skype running on Windows 10
and NVDA without an add-on? I was in touch with Doug Lee, its developer, who
told me (and I paraphrase) that his add-on did not work too well with the
current and older NVDA versions. Whether and how soon he might update his
add-on, I do not know and it may depend on how useful users may find it.

Best,
Cordelia

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.