Re: Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Cordelia

Skype works well without the add on.

I use the desk top version of it . I think the add on would let you read the last 10 messages? by using a key combo.

the skype version with the pc you need to do a lot more tabbing etc for it that one I have not been back into for a while but do have tutorials on my website for them. I do not even think at the moment skype 7 can be used I heard it was going to be end of life then extended so it could be on the trash heap now.

Those tutorials can be found on my web site at http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html if you are interested.

Gene nz

On 9/12/2019 11:42 pm, Cordelia Scharpf wrote:
Hi:

Does anybody use or test Skype add-on with NVDA 2019.3 and Python 3 on
Windows 10? If not, how readily accessible is Skype running on Windows 10
and NVDA without an add-on? I was in touch with Doug Lee, its developer, who
told me (and I paraphrase) that his add-on did not work too well with the
current and older NVDA versions. Whether and how soon he might update his
add-on, I do not know and it may depend on how useful users may find it.

Best,
Cordelia